The Alliance numérique have announced that registration to the 2008 Montreal International Game Summit is now open. The Summit began in 2004 and is targeted at video game professionals from Quebec, Canada and the US East Coast. As an international forum, the summit also hosts participants from the United States and Europe. This year's Summit will be held at the Palais des congrès de Montréal from November 18 to 19, 2008.
Last year, MIGS attracted a number of high profile keynote speakers including:
* Yoshiaki Koizumi - game designer for Zelda and Mario series
* David Perry - founder of Shiny Entertainment and Earthworm Jim creator
* Jonathan Blow - designer of the Xbox Live Arcade game Braid
While keynote speakers for the 2008 Summit have yet to be announced, expect some top industry illuminaries at this year's event. The Summit will feature more than 80 speakers and 50 sessions, seminars, conferences and workshops over the two-day period. Some 1,300 members of the game industry are expected to attend this fifth Edition.
Other notable event features:
* Registrants can sign-up for one of five professional steams: Content, Design, Production/Business, Technology, and Serious Games
* There will be an Exhibition Area where video game companies present their most recent games (2007 exhibitors included Eidos, Nintendo, Ubisoft, EA, and more)
* A business lounge reserved for developers, suppliers and publishers to meet and discuss opportunities
For more information and to register for the Summit, check out their website here: 2008 Montreal International Game Summit. Registration is 30% off until September 30th.