Last month the organizers of the Montreal International Game Summit (MIGS) unveiled five keynote speakers expected to attend this year's event on November 18 & 19.
A surprise announcement on the MIGS website indicates that two keynote speakers from the 2007 summit will be returning for this year's event. The returning guests are:
Chris Hecker, Technology Fellow at Electronic Arts
- created the procedural character animation and rendering technology used in Spore
- sits on the advisory board for the Game Developers Conference
- regular speaker at the GDC, Siggraph, and other conferences
Jonathan Blow, independent game developer
- designer of the award winning Xbox Live Arcade game Braid
- primary host of the Experimental Gameplay Workshop at the Game Developers Conference
- former technical columnist for Game Developer Magazine
This year's summit will feature over 90 speakers in total. There are still 11 days to register, so if you're interested in attending the event check out the MIGS website for details.
Stay tuned to NextGen Player for full coverage of MIGS 2008 starting November 18.