To celebrate the release of the 2008 Guild Wars "Game of the Year" Edition and the availability of the Guild Wars trilogy, NCsoft has announced two new NPC Characters are being added in game; M.O.X. the golem hero and the Fire Imp combat ally.
M.O.X. the golem starts out at level 20, meaning he's available for players who have reached level 10 and is intended for PvE adventuring and exploring. To activate M.O.X. one of the following conditions need to be met:
1) An active account in either Guild Wars Trilogy (North America) or Guild Wars Complete Collection (Europe), or
2) All three Guild Wars campaigns active on your account (Guild Wars, Factions, and Nightfall).
The Guild Wars Fire Imp is described as a combat ally that is mainly used as a "leveling buddy" for low level (less than 20) characters and will match the player's level at the time he is activated. Fire Imp is available to all Guild Wars members meeting one of these conditions:
1) An active account in either Guild Wars Trilogy (North America) or Guild Wars Complete Collection (Europe),
2) Buying a new version of any Guild Wars product in North America and Europe that have the Fire Imp image on the box,
3) Purchase the Guild Wars 2008 Upgrade or the Game of the Year Upgrade, and
4) Lastly this character is included in any of the Guild Wars games via the in-game store or PlayNC.com.
To activate the Fire Imp, type "/bonus" in the chat window to have the Igneous Summoning Stone added to your inventory.
M.O.X. and the Fire Imp are both available now to all players meeting one these conditions.
Forget WoW, I'm going back to Guild Wars (I've been away far too long). I just picked up the expansion "Eye of the North". Tyria I'm coming back - I hope you haven't forgotten me.