This game brings a little something for everyone offering six different game play options:
- Exhibition play - for a quick game that will not effect your season
- Manager Mode - think you can get your team to play better then the real coaches, it`s almost like watching the game on TV.
- Rivalry Mode - play a double or triple header and see who comes out in the best of series
- Franchise Mode - can you manage your team all the way to the big dance, take control of everything from the line up, to the business plan on making your team profitable
- Season Mode - think you have the endurance to play 162 games - this is your chance to prove it
- The Road to the show - build a custom character and fight for your spot on the roster of your favourite team.
The MLB online system is fantastic offering several great features:
Be prepared for long gaming sessions when firing up MLB `09: The Show, as these virtual games can take just as long as the real thing. I can honestly say I have enjoyed my time and I look forward to the many hours in the future where I will see you at the ball park. Now it is time I head off for the seventh inning stretch and catch the end of the game.
- Player Card - Track your points and your career online stats
- Leagues - Become the Commissioner of your own league and challenge others
- Leader Boards - real time statistical tracking of the best players on the MLB network
- Community Center - Manage your in game mail and message board participation, upload and vote on Sliders (user generated game settings).
- Headline News - Stay up to date on current events in the MLB hourly feed updates on real games happening around the league
- Realistic announcers and commentary
- Fantastic replicas of stadiums
- Online services are packed with good stuff
- updated real time roster and news
- Controls are a bit sensitive
- Scheduling time is important due to potential length of game