By Paul Hunter
It's stuffy and it's sweaty so it sure as hell must be July in Canada. To make matters worse, if you happen to live in Toronto you have to contend with a public worker union strike resulting in steaming piles of rotten garbage that give off an extremely offensive smell.
As nice counter-balance, Nintendo of Canada sent out it's monthly eNewsletter and with it the most wanted Wii and DS games for this month, containing perhaps the least offensive games I've ever seen in gaming lists.
You know when three of the five most desired DS games contain the words "Personal Trainer", you've got a pretty slow month. As gamers we've come to expect slow summer release schedules, but come on, this is a bit much.
What really reeks this month is that the Wii list is practically identical to last month's list, except Super Mario Galaxy was given the heave-ho and was swapped for Excitebots: Trick Racing. Seems a little arbitrary to me, if not completely dry.
On the DS side, let me just say that it stinks that great games like The Legendary Starfy and Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again didn't crack the most wanted list. Come on, these game have to be more wanted than the nearly two year old Flash Focus.
Anyhow, here are the full lists for July 2009:
2. Animal Crossing: City Folk
3. Mario Kart Wii
4. Wii Fit
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Excitebots: Trick Racing
7. New Play Control! Pikmin
8. New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis
9. New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
10. Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
11. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
12. Wii Music
1. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
2. Personal Trainer: Cooking
3. Personal Trainer: Math
4. Personal Trainer: Walking
5. Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir
6. Kirby Super Star Ultra
7. Pokémon Platinum Version
8. Rhythm Heaven
9. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
10. Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
11. Professor Layton and the Curious Village
12. Mario Party DS
13. Flash Focus: Vision Training in minutes a Day!