By Paul Hunter
This year's DIG London conference is shaping up to be an amazing industry event. Momentum has been building significantly over the last month with new keynote speakers announced such as Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto's CEO, Yannis Mallat, and Electric Playground's host, Victor Lucas. They join a star-studded gaming line-up that includes senior executives at Digital Extremes, Silicon Knights, Cerebral Vortex Games, Big Blue Bubble, Antic Entertainment, EEDAR and many more.
With all these exciting event draws I was simultaneously honoured and surprised when I read on the DIG London blog today that NextGen Player has been named one of the "Top Ten You Don't Want To Miss" at the conference. Looks like we have some pretty big boots to fill. Hey, at least I have shoe size 11, that's pretty large considering my 5'6" stature.
So, want to know the top ten draws you don't want to miss? I know you do, and that's why I'm going to tell you:
10) Industry DIG 2009 VIP Party – for full conference delegates, sponsors, and speaker!
9) Industry Trade-show featuring sponsors, partners, service providers and more!
8 ) Forecast of economic trends and demographics for the gaming industry.
7) Keynote address by digital media and videogame TV pioneer Victor Lucas.
6) Explosive viral marketing opportunities with the presence of NextGen Player, the GAMES DAY Podcast, GamingUnion.net, and Backbone Magazine.
5) Interactive GameZone with international best-sellers including games by DIG London companies.
4) Game Design Post-Mortem with Big Blue Bubble.
3) Open Forum discussion with James Schmalz of Digital Extremes and Denis Dyack of Silicon Knights.
2) Ubisoft’s Yannis Mallat Keynote Address.
1) One-to-One networking opportunities through DIG’s Partnering Program.
Well, there you have it. If you're going to DIG London 2009 don't miss out on any of the above. Especially #6, I hear the staff writers at NextGen Player are incredibly handsome.