By Andrew Shin
Best Buy Canada announced today that they will be hosting a couple of midnight launch events for the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. On Monday, November 9th the Bay and Dundas store in Toronto and the Cambie store in Vancouver will be hosting midnight launch parties that will go on from 9pm to 11:59pm. At 12:01am, both stores will open for approx. 1 hour to allow people to purchase the game. So if you live near either areas, this will be a great opportunity to get your hands on this game before it goes on sale to the general public later that morning.
Full details for this event is as follows.
Launch party details:
From 9:00 p.m through 11:59 pm on November 9, 2009, launch parties will be held at the Bay and Dundas Best Buy store in Toronto and at the Cambie Best Buy store in Vancouver.
Launch party activities include:
- Be one of the first to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with XBOX 360 street teams
- Dress up in costume for a chance to win a $500 Best Buy gift card
- Additional Call of Duty XBOX 360 console given away on site at each launch party store
- 50 limited Prestige Edition games available at each launch party store
- Monster Hitman energy drink street teams on site
Midnight opening details:
Midnight openings for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will be held on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:01 a.m. for approximately one hour (Quebec stores will open at 8 a.m on Tuesday, November 10, 2009)
- Enter to win one of five Call of Duty XBOX 360 consoles
- A minimum of 15 limited Prestige Edition games will be available at every store
- First 75 customers at each store receive a free four-pack Monster Hitman energy drink