By Paul Hunter
Best Buy Canada recently sent out an email to customers detailing the company's launch parties for the release of StarCraft II on the PC. Two locations will be hosting 9pm launch parties, Cambie Street in Vancouver and Bay & Dundas in Toronto.
Toshiba will be on-hand giving eager gamers a chance to play the game a few hours in advance of its July 27 street date. Fans in line to purchase the game will also have a chance to win one of five Toshiba Ultimate Gaming Prize Packs which includes a Toshiba X500-03L gaming laptop and StarCraft II Collector's Edition.
More Best Buy locations will be open at midnight (but not hosting parties) including:
1. Edmonton South - 9931-19 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB
2. Edmonton West - West Point Centre NW, Edmonton, AB
3. Sunridge - Sundridge Power Center, Calgary
4. Ottawa West - 1701 Merivale Road, Nepean, ON
5. St. James - A-810 St. James Street, Winnipeg, MB
6. Langley - 200th St & 64th Ave, Langley, BC
The first 150 customers lined up at each location will received a free Sidewinder X3 gaming mouse with the purchase of StarCraft II. Furthermore, the first 30 customers who shop in-store, but not at one of the midnight launches, will receive a StarCraft II race t-shirt.
For more information on all the Best Buy Canada StarCraft II events and promotions, check out their info page here.