By Paul Hunter | SPONSORED by Duracell
With E3 2017 officially behind us, it's safe to say the future of gaming has never looked brighter. There are so many amazing games on the horizon, no matter if prefer Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, or PC. From Super Mario Odyssey, to Forza Motorsport 7, to Star Wars Battlefront II, there really has never been a better time to be a gamer!
Given that all these incredible games are just on the horizon, myself, like many of you, are getting ready for some epic gaming marathons to come. Moreover, being the middle of summer I use this time to catch up on games from earlier in the year, so the marathons really do never end!
If you're like me and love a good gaming marathon, then I've got some great tips to help you prepare. When it comes time to take down that final boss, or complete another 50 waves of Horde mode, you need to be prepared for a long gaming session!
As well, I'm super excited to announce that I've partnered with Duracell to give you a fun incentive to log some serious game time. Prove your virtual heroism by logging the most amount of gaming time over the next 48 hours and you could win $100 Mastercard gift card + a Duracell Prize Pack. How cool is that!
Gaming Marathon Checklist
So, ready to take on the challenge? Here is my gaming marathon survival checklist!
1. Sleep - Wait, what? That's right, the most important tip is to make sure you sleep! If you know a gaming marathon is coming up soon, make sure you get lots of rest the night before. Also, during the marathon itself you can't ignore what your body needs — sleep! If you feel tired/fatigued in the middle of a marathon, pause, take a nap, or go to bed. The game will always be waiting for you when you wake up!
2. Exercise - What, what, what! Again, just like the last point, it's important to remember that you body needs to stay active. Every hour or two I recommend getting up, walking around the house, around the block, or even do a short workout at home. Sitting for long stretches can tired your body out and make you perform worse in your games. If you feel a cramp coming on, stand up and stretch!
3. Water - Your body need hydration, and that includes when you're gaming, too. I always have a bottle of water or cup of tea with me at all times during marathon gaming. Take sips between levels, during cutscenes, or simply pause the game. Proper hydration will go a long way into making you last the long hours of a marathon!
4. Snacks - Keeping a bowl of munchies near you when marathon gaming will help keep your energy levels up. Better yet, marathon game with a partner and take turns preparing each other food! If you're playing a cooperative or competitive multiplayer game together, then order food and have someone do the cooking for you. It's important to feed your belly to help you stay focused on your game!
5. Batteries - You can't marathon game if your controller batteries are dead! It's essential to have some fresh batteries to supercharge your gaming and keep it going until the wee hours. For as long as I can remember my family has been using Duracell batteries to power our gaming products (and other devices!) because it's power you can trust. Swing by your local store (or order online!) and make sure you have a fresh supply of Duracell batteries handy at all times.
6. Social media / streaming - My last tip is keep active on social media or stream your marathon to add more fun and excitement. I love chatting with my friends when I game, and sharing my epic gaming achievements on social media. There's a warm, welcoming community of gamers out there who would love to know how you just beat that tough boss or achieved that record high score. Keep active and keep talking!
Now are you read for the most exciting part? Duracell and I want to reward you for logging in some serious game time this weekend! All you need to do is share a picture of your game with me on Twitter (@NextGenPlayer), let me know how many hours you logged, and use the hashtags #DuracellPowerUp and #TrustIsPower. The contest begins Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 8:00pm EST and ends Monday, July 24 at 8:00pm EST. That gives you 48 hours to log the highest number!
Everyone who submits their logged time will be entered into a random draw to win $100 Mastercard Gift Card, and a Duracell Prize Pack!
Happy Gaming, all!