By Paul Hunter
To celebrate the much-anticipated launch of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on Nintendo Switch, I'm launching a giveaway with themed prizes generously supplied by Nintendo of Canada. One lucky winner will walk away with this amazing prize bundle:
- A special edition, limited-run 500-piece puzzle
- Zelda and Loftwing amiibo
- Special Edition Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Joy-Con Controllers
Continue on to see how to participate!
How to Enter
To enter, all you need to do is visit my Twitter (@NextGenPlayer) and go to this giveaway tweet, then reply and tell me why you're excited about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. Then retweet and you're entered! (Please note: This giveaway is open to Canadian residents, see our site giveaway rules for more information.)
The giveaway entry period runs from July 5, 2021, to July 16, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.
If you need a little refresher on what this enhanced version of Skyward Sword has to offer, check out Nintendo's overview trailer:
Why I'm Excited
I'm a huge lifelong Legend of Zelda fan having started with the OG game on NES and have played all main entries since. So I couldn't be more excited to re-experience Skyward Sword in just 11 days!
Here are some of the reasons why I'm excited about the game:
- Quality of Life Improvements - Nintendo has already revealed several QoL enhancements and they all look like they'll make an already incredible game even better. You now have the ability to fast-forward dialogue and cutscenes—and while I recommend watching them all, on my second playthrough it'll be nice to skip scenes to get right back into the action. I'm also happy to see there's an autosave feature, that'll come in handy while exploring Skyloft and the land below!
- The Origin of the Master Sword - Skyward Sword is the earliest game in The Legend of Zelda timeline where you get to witness the creation of the Master Sword. This is the sword we've been using for the last 35 years of Zelda games so seeing its origin is something special. This story also sets up the main franchise themes so it's an essential play for Zelda fans.
- Technical and Gameplay Improvements - The original Skyward Sword released in 2011 on Nintendo Wii and now ten years later we're getting treated to an enhanced version with visual and gameplay improvements. As the game title implies, the graphics are now HD (and they look great!) plus the framerate has been boosted to 60fps. The game was always so memorable on Wii but I can't wait to relive the entire story with enhanced visuals and smoother gameplay. But even better (at least for me!) is the addition of a control scheme using the right analog stick. You can still play the game using motion controls just like the original, but I prefer using the Switch Pro Controller or using handheld mode and the new control scheme allows me to do both.
Many thanks to Nintendo of Canada for making this giveway possible!