By Paul Hunter
The Montreal International Game Summit has put out a notice on their official website indicating that volunteer registrations have begun.
They are looking for people available to help on Nov. 15, the day before the event begins, as well as the two days of the summit, from Nov. 16-17.
If you're a gamer enthusiast looking to get an inside glimpse at the industry in Canada, this a great opportunity to check it out.
On the MIGS website, they list several benefits to volunteering, including:
• The chance to participate to the MIGS for free
• The opportunity to meet the major decision-makers of the game industry from Quebec and abroad
• Breakfast, lunch and drinks during MIGS and the day prior to the event
• The chance to attend the conferences you are assigned to during your free time
• An invitation to MIGS networking activities
• A reference letter
I was at last year's MIGS and had a blast. During the two-day event I was given plenty of opportunities to meet notable gaming personalities including Jonathan Blow, the authors of Grand Theft Childhood, and MIGS Director Alain Lachapelle.
We'll be out once at this year's MIGS. If you're a volunteer, perhaps we'll run into each other!